Riot Fest 2014 is going to be classic.
The fest announced its "10 years, 10 essential albums" lineup Thursday morning, featuring acts playing their signature albums front to back. All of the 10 acts will be featured in Chicago--some will also appear in Denver--with one set to still be announced.
Most noteable: Weezer playing straight through 1994's Blue Album, Jane's Addiction with 1988's "Nothing's Shocking" and The Offspring playing 1994's "Smash."
The full list is as follows.
- Jane’s Addiction: Nothing’s Shocking (Chicago)
- The Offspring: Smash (Chicago)
- Weezer: “The Blue Album” (Chicago and Denver)
- Slayer: Reign in Blood (Chicago and Denver)
- Samhain: Initium (Chicago)
- NOFX: Punk In Drublic (Chicago and Denver)
- Descendents: Milo Goes To College (Chicago)
- Naked Raygun: Throb Throb (Chicago)
- The Get Up Kids: Something To Write Home About (Chicago)
The tenth band remains a mystery. Fest organizers said this morning they are keeping the act and the album it will play "close to their chests" and the announcement will be made "in the coming weeks."
The entire Riot Fest 2014 lineup, minus the mystery band, can be found here.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.