Kanye West will help Seth Meyers kick off his first week as host of "Late Night."
The Chicago rapper will be a guest on the show's second night, Feb. 25, NBC announced in a press release Wednesday. The announcement follows news that Fred Armisen will lead the new "Late Night" band, called The 8G Band.
Meyers takes over hosting duties Feb. 24 from Jimmy Fallon, who has moved to an hour earlier as host of "The Tonight Show." Fallon's debut is set for Feb. 17.
Meyers will welcome the following first-week guests to Studio 8G in Rockefeller Center:
- Monday, Feb. 24: Amy Poehler, Vice President Joe Biden and musical guest A Great Big World
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: Kanye West and author Robyn Doolittle ("Crazy Town: The Rob Ford Story")
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: Kelly Ripa and musical guest Brad Paisley
- Thursday, Feb. 27: Lena Dunham, Anthony Mackie and musical guest John Mayer Trio
- Friday, Feb. 28: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, Sophia Bush and comedian Michael Che
"Late Night with Seth Meyers" will air at 11:35 p.m. weeknights beginning Feb. 24. It's executive produced by Lorne Michaels and produced by Mike Shoemaker.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on Show Patrol's Facebook page.