Good morning, Chicago. Were you one of the 15,000 Ventra commuters to get a free ride during the outage yesterday? Good for you! But, that’s probably the first lucky break you’ve gotten, huh? Here’s what you need to get you where going today:
1. This Divvy rider was on LSD. Seriously, there’s a video of someone on Chicago’s bike share cycles literally riding down Lake Shore Drive. Language NSFW, but worth it.
2. SHOTS FIRED: Jon Stewart ripped Rahm, deep-dish pizza and hot dogs on last night's "Daily Show." You can watch the entire, painful thing here.
3. Today’s cover: DO A BARREL ROLL! Wooden barrel-aged beers are hot right now. It’s not about "Star Fox 64," but see what we did there? FUN FACT: A rejected (and frankly much better) headline for this story was Woody Barrel, son.
4. ICYMI: We broke down all the Chicago moments from the "Divergent" trailer, found a video of Michael Jordan playing beer pong and got some BMXers to tear it up on Divvy Bikes.
5. NODN: Vote in the second round of the November of Dressing Nicely.
6. A Redditor over on r/Chicago points out someone has already put out a chair for dibs. There are still leaves on the ground, people.
7. Show Patrol caught up with Bellamy Young from "Scandal," and if you plan on watching tonight’s episode, you should PROBABLY read this right now.
8. "I didn’t know he was even growing it. It took all these spotlights on to even recognize it,” -- Patrick Sharp. Yep,the rest of the Hawks are giving Kaner some crap about his mustache. Or lack thereof. Either way, it’s for a good cause.
9. So, that Star Wars VII casting call is happening today. We'll have a reporter and photographer checking out who shows up. (SPOILER: There will probably be at least one person dressed as Darth Maul.)
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.