Metta World Peace was born today in 1979, ‘Ol Dirty Bastard died today in 2004, and yesterday we learned Batman bin Supraman was arrested in Singapore. It’s November 13th, 2013 and here’s everything you need to know to survive today:
1. The long awaited full-length trailer for Divergent is set to premiere on YouTube today at 10:30 a.m. Chicago time. Let’s see how much they can get wrong about the city in two-and-a-half minutes, shall we? Watch it right here.
2. ICYMI: Two Chicago neighbors totally had it out, passive-aggressive notes style, about sex noises coming from an apartment. One would appreciate not hearing “EVERY SINGLE TRUST AND MOAN,” -- misspellings ahoy -- and the other would like you to know “SEX IS NATURAL + HEALTHY.” Declare a winner.
3. The CTA totally has video of the lady responsible for O’Halligator -- the two-foot alligator found under an escalator at O’Hare Nov. 1 -- and it would like to have a word with her. If you happened to be on the Blue Line at 1:17 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 1, the CTA would love to hear from you at email@example.com. Chances are, you probably didn’t think anything of a woman screwing around with a two-foot alligator in plain sight, though, because it’s the Blue Line at 1 a.m.
4. Filed under “things get very weird”: RedEye is on Snapchat. Username: redeyechicago. Try to keep it SFW. Please? At least make an effort?
5. IN THE PAPER: We caught up with Krewella, who wants you “not to give a *$^%@”. Check out the audio here. Also, we got some exclusive numbers on Divvy. The person who has ridden the most miles is kind of insane.
6. The Tribune reports a hearing on the CTA budget basically turned into one big #VentraVent.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.