FILE - OCTOBER 17: According to reports October 17, 2013 actor Dax Shepard… (Kevin Winter / Getty Images )
You know all about Brad and Angie, Kim and Kanye, Jay and Bey. But for our (nonexistent) money, the greatest power couple in Hollywood is decidedly lower-key: Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. After a yearslong engagement, the two tied the knot last week in L.A. Here are five reasons why you should love them as much as we do.
1. They had the least obnoxious celebrity wedding in history. According to usmagazine.com, the two went to pick up a marriage license at the county clerks' office Thursday and decided on the spur of a moment to get hitched right then. Spontaneous, sweet and zero drama? Perfect wedding.
2. Shepard proposed to Bell in 2009, but the couple maintained they would not marry until it was legal for all couples in California—gay or straight. After the Supreme Court's pro-gay marriage rulings in June, she re-proposed to him via Twitter. Awwww, equality!
3. They named their baby girl Lincoln. Badass historical names know no gender, people!
4. Shepard flew to Detroit last year to visit his dying father—and a very pregnant Kristen Bell visited a while later to surprise both of them. "It was an amazing, incredible, perfectly timed surprise. She lifted her shirt up and he put his hand on her swollen stomach. He left it there for the better part of an hour," Shepard wrote on his Tumblr. "He wasn't going to make it to the birth, but that didn't get in the way of him meeting the new baby ... If I live to be a thousand, I will still be in debt to my wife for giving him that one last thrill." Oh God, excuse us, it just got REAL dusty in here.
5. Anyway, like, it's fun to imagine Veronica Mars marrying Frito Pendejo from "Idiocracy."