Nine more designated food truck stands could be coming to Lincoln Park, Lakeview, South Loop, West Loop and downtown.
Mayor Emanuel on Wednesday proposed the creation of nine new stands near a couple college campuses, parks and in those neighborhoods. The proposed food truck stands would be located at:
- 902 W. Adams St., near Mary Bartelme Park
- 1400 W. Adams St., near Whitney Young High School
- 1851 W. Jackson Blvd., near Malcolm X College
- 65 E. Harrison St., near Columbia College Chicago
- 150 W. Van Buren St., near the Chicago Board of Trade
- 825 S. Canal St.
- 2500 N. Cannon Dr., near the Peggy Notebaert Museum
- 3628 N. Broadway
- 3953 N. Sheridan Rd., near the CTA Red Line Sheridan stop
Food trucks are allowed to park at the designated stands for free for up to two hours, or they can park at metered parking spots that are 200 feet away from a restaurant.