An exercise class at Humboldt Park. (Milbert O. Brown/ Chicago…)
Want to get a head start in slimming down for bikini season?
The Chicago Park District is offering two weeks of free fitness classes from March 18 through March 30.
Sign up for a bootcamp. Stretch out with a yoga class. Or work up a sweat in a cardio kickboxing session. For times and classes, click here.
The classes, which are part of the Park Families Wellness Initiative supported by The Coca-Cola Foundation, are offered at 28 locations:
- Archer Park, 4901 S. Kilbourn Ave.
- Calumet Park, 9801 S. Avenue M
- Fosco Park, 1312 S. Racine Ave.
- Foster Park, 1440 W. 84th St.
- Gage Park, 2411 W. 55th St.
- Gill Park, 825 W. Sheridan Rd.
- Haas Park, 2402 N. Washtenaw Ave.
- Hamlin Park, 3035 N. Hoyne Ave.
- Harris Recreational Center, 6200 S. Drexel Blvd.
- Harrison Park, 1824 N. Wood St.
- Hayes Park, 2936 W. 85th St.
- Hiawatha Park, 8029 W. Forest Preserve Dr.
- Homan Square Park, 3559 W. Arlington St.
- Independence Park, 3945 N. Springfield Ave.
- Jesse Owens Park, 2032 E. 88th St.
- Kennicott Park, 4434 S. Lake Park Ave.
- Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Dr.
- McGuane Park, 2901 S. Poplar Ave.
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave.
- Ogden Park, 6500 S. Racine Ave.
- Piotrowski Park, 4247 W. 31st St.
- Russell Square Park, 3045 E. 83rd St.
- Shabbona Park, 6935 W. Addison St.
- Taylor Park, 39 W. 47th St.
- Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St.
- Valley Forge Park, 7001 W. 59th St.
- Washington Park, 5531 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
- Welles Park, 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.