"Divergent," an upcoming sci-fi movie to be filmed in Chicago starting in April, will be looking for background actors in the film while they are in the city this weekend.
Atmosphere Casting of Chicago wants hundreds of extras for the film, and the casting call takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 9 at Cinespace Chicago Film Studios. Here are the type of people they're looking for:
- People with a "rural" farmhand look
- People with military, weapons or martial arts training
- People with stunt and/or stage combat training
- People with a "hippie" or Bohemian look. Longer hair preferred (both men and women)
- People with visible tattoos and/or piercings
- Ages 16 and up, all ethnicities
You must be an Illinois resident to be eligible and must bring a state-issued ID to the audition. The company asks that those interested also bring a candid photo of themselves, about 4 inches by 6 inches. They also must be available for shooting from April through July of 2013.
"Divergent" is based on Northwestern grad Veronica Roth's best-selling novel, a "thrilling action adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities." It stars Shailene Woodley and is directed by Neil Burger.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye's Facebook page.