You know that feeling where you've burned the entire weekend and haven't done your homework? You might feel that way if you didn't watch the Bears' 33-31 win over Washington on Saturday. Lucky for you, we've done the work already. And by that we mean we've assembled this quiz so you can catch up on what you missed. (Don't worry about cheating; look at the answer key as many times as you'd like.)
1. Robbie Gould's 57-yard field goal Saturday was …
The longest in his career
The game winner with less than a minute to play
A minor miracle
2. Which Bears safety(ies) left the game Saturday?
a. Chris Conte
b. Major Wright
c. Brandon Hardin
d. a and c
e. b and c
3. The highlight of Jay Cutler's Saturday was …
a. Avoiding diaper duty for a little while
b. Not getting sacked for once
c. His shouting match with D'Angelo Hall after Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery ripped Hall's helmet off.
4. How many punts/kickoffs were returned for touchdowns in Saturday's game?
c. If Devin Hester's not involved, it didn't actually happen.
5. The Bears' leading receiver Saturday was …
a. Brandon Marshall
b. Alshon Jeffery
c. Jason Campbell
6. Which quarterback drove the Bears to the winning score Saturday?
a. Jason Campbell
b. Josh McCown
c. Matt Blanchard
7. Who said this after Saturday's game: "We just try to play in sync football."
a. Brandon Marshall
b. Jay Cutler
c. Justin Timberlake
8. Who said this after Saturday's game: "It's fun/feels good/felt good to get/being out there."
a. Jay Cutler
b. Michael Bush
c. Israel Idonije
1) a, b and c. Gould equaled the feat in December, but that was in the thin air in Denver.
2) d. Conte had his shoulder in a sling after the game. Hardin was carted off the field in the third quarter with a neck injury and taken to an area hospital,
3) We suppose it's b, though we wouldn't be surprised if Cutler enjoyed berating the guy who once intercepted him four times in one game.
4) b. The Bears' Lorenzo Booker returned a kickoff for a TD and Washington's Brandon Banks took back a punt for a score. Though we wouldn't blame you if you chose c.
5) b. Jeffery caught three passes for 62 yards. Campbell was on the receiving end of the most sacks allowed by the Bears with three, however.
6) c. Who the heck is Matt Blanchard?
7) a. And sorry about option c. We couldn't resist.
8) This one's actually a trick question, as all three players said something along those lines. As usual, the Bears are working on their press conference skills in the preseason, too.