What's this? Shawn Corey waxing poetic about his newborn daughter and drops some telling info in the process, thus saving us from a day filled with idiotic back-and-forth about the Drake/Common "beef." (Listen here) Let's dig in:
- If I'm hearing this right, Young B.I.C (God help us all if that catches on) was take two for Jay and Beyonce, following a miscarriaige? WhawhaWHAAAAA? He makes not one but two references to "the last time" and the more frank lyric "the miscarriage was tragic" in the song.
- He's really happy to be a dad, you guys.
- "A pinch of Hov, a whole glass of B" = A recipe for World Domination, in my book. Also, WHY HASN'T ANYONE FOUND MEMPHIS BLEEK AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE THINKS YET?
- He references his father, who he's discussed on songs before, but you can kinda hear that he's really not trying to repeat that whole "abandon my seed and leave a bunch of emotional scars" thing. I respect that.
- "2 years old, shopping on Savile Row..." In case you're just tuning in, the child prooooobably won't be worrying about much on the financial tip. Because her parents are rich. As Hell.
- Because this child is destined to crap all over what little feeling of accomplishment i have in the world, she was concieved in Paris, and the next day her mom did an album package. Doesn't take a lot to realize that this is the album package Hov is speaking of. She DOES have a bit of a "I just got Knocked Up" glow, in hindsight....
- Because he can't let a track go by without reminding us that yerp, he is indeed the Best Rapper Alive, he leaves us with the line "You're my child with the child from Destiny's Child." Indeed. Indeed she is.
- Blue Ivy Carter makes her debut to the world (and on a Jay-Z track) at the end. To be fair, I dug the vocal stylings, but I'm still gonna give "Best Baby on a track" nods to Stevie Wonder's daughter.