The setup: The Daily Beast recently listed the country's best cities to find a date in 2012—and Chicago didn't make the Top 25. (Atlanta was No. 1.) As we plunge into the new year, RedEye's staff debated Chicago's merits as a place to land boyfriends and girlfriends.
Where do you stand? Leave a comment in the section below and you may see it show up in print!
1. You can walk down the street after the bars close while eating a piece of pizza and get asked out on a date by a stranger. Because this is Chicago. Eating is sexy.
2. Body heat is the best way to stay warm through cold winters.
3. Boy, do we love our alcohol. Drinking leads to increased friendliness, which leads to discoveries of mutual friends (you know you have plenty), which leads to "watching a movie at your place."
4. There's always a pool of options. You can date your friends. Your friend's friends. Your co-workers. Your friend's co-workers. Your co-worker's friends.
5. Chicagoans all hold master's degrees in the drunken hookup.
1. It's way too small. You are guaranteed to run into anyone you've ever gone on a date with at the most inopportune time.
2. Everybody's drunk. All the time.
3. Show us one person who has ever looked sexy in a trash bag winter coat and cold-weather ski mask.
4. The closest to a "10" here is the Big Ten, and there's no game there.
5. The only guys who hit on girls at bars already have girlfriends.