What does it take to be a Matador—besides baring and shaking your big belly? Everette Michael Jackson, a Matador since 2009, explains five must-haves for members of the Bulls dance group.
1. Practice: During the season, the guys rehearse four hours a week across two days.
2. Fearlessness: You can never hold back when performing in front of 20,000 people at a game. "You have to have nerves of steel," Jackson said.
3. Quick thinking: A Matador has "to be able to freestyle in the case of a music malfunction or another disaster," Jackson said. "One of our favorite [freestyle] moves is … a simple right-to-left grapevine. … When in doubt, grapevine out."
4. Warm-up music: Jackson listens to Drake, Eminem or Lil Wayne to get himself hyped up before a performance.
5. Food: You've got to get that gut somehow. "Fried chicken before every game is a must," Jackson said, and occasionally pizza, fries and burgers.